Thursday, April 26, 2012

DVI and VGA Comparison and What Graphics card to buy?

I'm looking to update my monitor and graphics card. Currently I'm running a HP pavilion f1503 on my Dell Dimension 9100 with a crappy ATI Radeon x600. I want to buy a Geforce 8600 or something with DirectX 10 but I am getting mixed reviews. What what you recommend? Also if I buy a video card, does a DVI to VGA adapter hurt resolution terribly? I'm looking for a monitor with perferably both types of inputs, any suggestions?|||Under no circumstances should you buy a monitor with only VGA inputs. DVI is a must. Having both inputs on the monitor is handy because then you can plug it into both newer and older PCs. One thing to watch out for: if you're into HD content, you may want to choose a monitor that is HDCP compliant, otherwise you may experience playback issues with high definition content.



I assume you've taken this into consideration already, but make sure your new graphics card is the right type for your motherboard (i.e., PCI Express vs. AGP).

No comments:

Post a Comment