Thursday, April 26, 2012

Gateway GT5620 in need of video card upgrade, recommendations please?

I've been wondering what would be good for my comp in order to run a specific MMO. I probably won't be getting it or anything, but I've been wondering for so long that it's been bugging me and I have to at least figure it out.



I have an unmodified Gateway GT5620, which has the Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family. I'm using a site that shows the game's specifications, and I'm looking at both the minimum and maximum requirements for a video card. I don't want a card that will quit on me in roughly ~6 months but I know it'll be difficult to find one that would possibly be in my price range.



I want to find both a decent cheap video card which would work for the min specs, AND a decent cheap video card which would be balanced BETWEEN min and max specs, just for comparison (mainly price-wise and how well it would run the game). I'm mainly asking about this because I know little to nothing about video cards.



The game's MINIMUM vid card specs suggested a 'NVIDIA® GeForce® FX or ATI Radeon™ 9500 or Intel GMA X4500 series video card or better'.

The game's MAXIMUM vid card specs suggested a '256 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600 or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better'. (And the CPU isn't important for my question but they suggested a 'Dual-core processor, such as the Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2'.)



Any suggestions?|||Consider the ATI HD 5570, a very decent 39 watt card. It won't stress your PC's power supply or your wallet. More powerful cards would require you to spend more because you would also buy a new/bigger power supply.



The HD 5570 is more powerful than the 8600GT or HD 2600 but has comparable wattage.

No comments:

Post a Comment