Friday, April 20, 2012

Video card comparison/help?

My dad is building another pc and asked if I wanted to use his old video card. I am not sure if his or mine is a better card. I currently have a [SKU : 4670PE31GDT] DIAMOND ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 GDDR3 1GB 2 Dual Link DVI I S Video, HDTV Video Card and he wants to trade me a EVGA

e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640-P2-N821-AR. I am sure someone can give me a pretty hands down answer to this. Thanks in advance :)|||the 2 main differences in the 2 cards is chipset speed and memory size.



the ATI card has higher memory but a lower clock speed and size

below is a quick reference guide to the main differences



Memory Clock

ATI - 900mhz

Nvidia- 1600mhz



Memory size

ATI - 1024mb

Nvidia- 640mb



Memory Interface

ATI - 128-bit

Nvisia- 320-bit



Stream processes

ATI - 320

Nvidia- 96





Everything else is pretty much on par. To put it in laymans terms, If you think of the cards as runners with buckets of water the ATI card is slower but can carry more, whereas the Nvidia is faster and carries less. So it comes down to what you want to do with the card.



Gaming requires less memory and faster graphic processing whereas video processing and photo software/general application work requires more memory and less speed.|||Take a look here. Depends on which version of the 8800 GTS.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/best-graph…

No comments:

Post a Comment