Thursday, April 26, 2012

Need Advice on a New Video Card?

So my video card is finally becoming so outdated that I can't just turn look the other way about it anymore. I am trying play DC Universe Online, and a comparison site is telling me that my video card is 691% worse than that of the recommended settings...



Currently I have a Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS while the RECOMMENDED setting is NVIDIA 8800GTX+ or ATI 3800 series+ video card. Also to add, the MINIMUM setting is NVIDIA 7800+ or ATI 1950+ video card.



So what I am looking for is the cheapest possible video card I can get while still being able to play DCUO (I really don't care about level of settings, as long as I can play). Currently I am looking at the Radeon 5670 1GB which is $169.99 (as seen on bestbuy.com), but I am wondering if there is somewhere I could get this video card at a cheaper price, or if there is another video card that will come to my needs that is less expensive.



Not trying to seem Jewish, but I just graduated high school and so expenses must be a minimum.|||Why don't you get the Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5, its much faster than the 5670, and on ebay it costs $120 - 130|||You were doing fine up to the last line with the ethnic slur.



You can buy the same video card significantly less online at http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?u… or http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…

No comments:

Post a Comment