Thursday, April 26, 2012

Video/CPU comparison help please?

I am running the following:



Graphics card= ATI Radeon HD 5450

CPU= AMD Phenom II X4 945



I need to know if i am able to play the "witcher 2" which calls for the following



min graphics card= ATI Radeon HD 3850

min CPU = AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+



The game is running incredibly slow and lags by about 3-4seconds. Please let me know if the two specs mentioned are equel to or better then the minimum requirements. (i know my PC is better then the others just not sure on these two)



The best and correct answer will surely receive "Best Answer" from me.|||Your CPU is a lot better, but your graphics card is very weak, and definitely worse than a 3850. Many pre-built 'gaming' computers that I see come with your exact GPU, which is definitely where they skimp out to save money. That GPU costs about $40, whereas a real gaming GPU costs $200+. If you feel you could afford a new GPU (even a ~$100 GPU would be much better than a 3850), post your budget and I'll find something that should be good for you.



I'd recommend this GPU:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp…

It's an AMD 6750, and is $99 before the mail-in rebate for $30, which brings it down to $69. That's pretty much the best you can get for the money, and is much better than the 3850, not to mention your 5450. There's no worries about it being compatible or not; they both use the same connection (PCIe 2.0). It should run the game smoothly on lowish-medium settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment