Thursday, April 26, 2012

What Video Card should I get for XPS 420?

The default video card that came with the computer two years ago (ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro PCI) is currently damaged and getting close to being outdated. I was looking around at reviews and comparisons and managed to find a decent video card with a good price. Here is the website that compares the new card (GeForce GTS 250) to my current video card: http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=606&card2=561 . Also, I would like to know if my computer will be able to use this video card. COMPUTER SPECS: Windows Vista, Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.4GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, 32-bit OS, and im pretty sure I have PCI-E 2.0 x 16 slots. Just asking opinion, any help is appeciated.|||Personally, I would get an ATI 4870 or 5770 instead. Around the same price range or a bit above and markedly better than the 250



But yes I see no reason it wouldn't fit those specs, except if your power supply is underpowered. You'll want around 500 watts or a bit more

No comments:

Post a Comment